Jobs like this don't come along very often...
Globalteer in Cambodia is looking for a suitable person to fill the position of Project Manager
, for Helping Hands Cambodia, a community-based NGO near Siem Reap managed by Globalteer.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and drive, this really could be the life-changing job you are looking for. Not just life-changing for you but also for the people of the community supported by Helping Hands Cambodia. Job description
The NGO Project Manger will be responsible for supervising all staff at the Helping Hands Cambodia (HHC) project in Siem Reap. Please visit the project website for full details - http://volunteercambodia.org.uk/
The manager will oversee all operations of the HHC project including the Iqbal school, agricultural project and university sponsorship programme. The manger will liaise with donors, supporters and volunteers to ensure continued productive relationships. The manager will carry out scoping studies for new programmes, and plan, organise and manage any new programmes that are approved for development. Key role responsibilities
Minimum person specification
- Ensure teaching staff are delivering a high quality service to the students, and contribute to their professional development through regular training sessions
- Teach classes when required
- Conduct a thorough review of the school curriculum and instigate changes as required
- Communicate and maintain relationships with donors, supporters and volunteers.
- Liaise with village leaders through regular meetings, to report on progress, collect feedback and gather new project ideas
- Contribute to the further development of HHC through the planning, organisation and management of new project initiatives and the reactivation of previous programmes
- Oversee all aspects of the project including the agricultural project and scholarships, and any new programmes.
- Organise regular meetings with staff and volunteers.
- Create news stories, produce regular newsletter and update social media.
Preferred additional experience
- A sociable, dynamic, and confident person who has the flexibility, enthusiasm and energy to work in the charity sector.
- Recognised teaching qualification and experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Networking and relationship building skills.
- A problem solver who can react quickly to a challenge if required.
- Well organized and with good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Fluent/native in spoken and written English.
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite.
- Commitment to Globalteer’s code of conduct and child protection policy.
- Educational Management experience.
- Experience in the Charity / NGO sector.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV and cover letter, outlining why you think you are suitable for the position to: email@example.com Closing date for applications: 21st June 2013, 12.00 pm GMT.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applicants who have not heard from Globalteer before 5th July 2013 have not been successful in their application.